Home made Korean fried chicken
Being in Singapore has its perks. Though expensive this place is a food haven and almost all cuisines of the world can be found here. Korean Fried Chicken is one dish that is a favorite to kids and adults alike. For the past few years Korean restaurants have been booming in the island making it easy for people like us to devour its taste without flying to Korea. It is on one such visit to 4 fingers a restaurant chain that sells quality KFC here that I fell for this richly sauced chunky chicken. The taste lingered in my mouth for the next few days and before I knew it I was in the supermarket sourcing ingredients to prepare KFC.
|Chicken drumsticks and winglets||2 kg|
|Black pepper (freshly crushed)||1 tsp|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
B) Coating :
|Corn flour||half a cup or enough to coat|
|Vegetable oil||for frying|
C) Sauce :
|Gochujang (Korean chilly paste)||7-8 tbsp|
|Korean Apple vinegar( or any rice vinegar)||6 tsp|
|Brown sugar||2 tsp|
|Sliced dry red chilli||1 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic crushed||1 tsp|
|Soy sauce||2 tsp|
- Marinate the chicken with ingredients listed in (A) for 15 mins.
- Coat with Cornflour or potato starch and deep fry in oil until golden brown. To make it crunchier u can double fry.
- To make the sauce add in the ingredients in (C) in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Pour over the chicken, toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Taste the sauce before adding and adjust the spice according to your taste.
- Do not overcrowd the chicken while frying, else it will turn soggy.